- Filed Under: Photos & Videos
Image Source: Flickr user thinboyfatter
Even when consumed in very small amounts, lilies can cause life-threatening kidney failure in cats. As Dr. Louise Murray, Director of Medicine and Interim Director at the ASPCA Bergh Memorial Animal Hospital in New York, points out, "People will get an arrangement and not even realize there are lilies in there. If the cat takes a little nibble, that can be very poisonous."
Be sure you know exactly what is included in your floral arrangements, and keep lilies out of the house if you have a cat.
© 2007-2012 NBC Universal Inc. All rights reserved.
Part of the iVillage Home & Garden Network | The Petside Digital Network: Petside UK
Petside ® is a registered trademark of Procter & Gamble