Cat Playing: Getty
Petside Advisory Board members reveal their pet-related New Year’s Resolutions.
Mike Arms, President Helen Woodward Animal Center: My resolution is to have the pets groomed more often, to minimize shedding.
Nancy Taylor, President and CEO, Bideawee: My personal New Year’s pet resolution is to spend more time each day playing with my cat. I have a perpetually guilty conscience after spending my workday at Bideawee overhearing our matchmakers tell potential adopters about the value of carving out at least 20 minutes each day for play with their feline. Although my kitty is a senior he’s still itching to play hide and seek and I pledge to do more of it in 2012.
Marcie Campion, Ph.D., Scientific Relations Manager, Iams Company: My Golden Retriever, Tucker, is 11-years-old and I want to do everything possible to help him live a long, healthy life. He was our first “child” and our three kids have always had him around, so it’s really important to me that he is a part of our life for as long as possible.
One easy, powerful way to ensure this is to feed him the highest quality nutrition possible. Genetics only count for 25 percent of longevity; the other 75 percent is attributed to environment, including nutrition. As pet owners, we sometimes forget the positive impact that choosing a good quality food has on improving our pet’s health and longevity. So for this year’s resolution, choose to improve your pet’s nutrition by feeding a high quality, premium diet. If you have questions about nutrition or what formula to feed your pet, feel free to contact the P&G Pet Care Consumer Care representatives at 1-800-675-3849.
They’re a group of pet passionate people, whose only business is dogs and cats. Happy New Year to you and your pets!