Outrageous Celebrity Dog NamesPublished December 15, 2008
We all know that celebrities have a tendency to gift their newborns with some pretty outrageous names. From Angelina Jolie's baby boy, Knox Leon, to Courtney Cox's daughter, Coco Riley, stars are definitely not lacking in the creativity department. But did you know that their extreme naming is not just limited to their kids? Pets need not worry: there are enough crazy names to go around! Read on to find out some fairly odd celebrity dog names from the pop culture elite!
1. Kathy Lee Gifford, formerly of Regis and Kathy Lee, has a dog Regis, whom she named after her co-host of their morning talk show.
2. Fran Drescher (aka The Nanny) is pet guardian to a Pomeranian that has appeared in her sitcom, named none other than.... Esther Drescher.
4. Jennifer Garner and her Labrador named Martha Stewart (after the domestic diva) are practically inseparable.
5. Venus Williams puts tennis aside to spend time with her Yorkshire Terrier, Barbie, named after the world famous doll that is every little girls favorite toy.
6. President Bush has two dogs. One of those pups is named Barney, an eight-year-old Scottish Terrier with the same moniker as the children's TV show's purple dinosaur.
7. Britney Spears, along with her other dogs, has Snow White, the Chihuahua named after the Disney Princess.
8. Ashlee Simpson fell in love with her Maltipoo Blondie, named after the 1980's hit band. Blondie looks so similar to Ashlee's sister, Jessica Simpson's dog, people often get the two confused. Blondie was a gift from Ashlee's ex boyfriend, singer Ryan Cabrera
11. Nicole Richie spoils her Pomeranian, Foxxy Cleopatra, named after Beyonce's character in the Austen Powers movie.
12. Eva Longoria owns a Pug named Oprah, after the wealthiest woman on daytime TV.
13. Paris Hilton totes her dogs around town, especially Tinkerbell , Bambi, and Cinderella--all Chihuahuas named for Disney movie characters. She has 17 dogs in total.
14. Pete Wentz has an English Bulldog named Hemingway, after famed writer Ernest Hemingway. Their pooch served as his ring bearer in his May 2008 wedding to Ashlee Simpson.
15. Travis Barker is owner to a Rottweiler named Lil Kim and a bulldog called Q-Tip, after the notorious rappers.
16. Sienna Miller and ex boyfriend Jude Law seem to share custody of mixed breeds Porgy and Bess, after the Broadway play named after the same characters.
17. Rihanna owns a Pomeranian named Marley after her idol, Bob Marley.
18. Jessica Simpson travels across the world with her Maltipoo named Daisy after her character in The Dukes of Hazzard, Daisy Duke. She was a gift from ex husband Nick Lachey.
What do you think of these outrageous celebrity dog names? Would you name your pet after a celeb? Tell us in a comment!