Guide to Greener Travel With Your PetPublished November 16, 2011
At some point your pet will need to travel - for a move, vet visit, or to play in the park. But there are ways to limit the impact of your pet's trips on the environment. A little planning, and purchasing eco-friendly supplies can make a big difference. Check out the following tips:
- Limit the distance you drive to the vet, dog parks, and pet stores for a greener score.
- If you have to travel on planes with your pets, invest in an eco-friendly carrier.
- Check out this product from earthdoggy.com. This carrier is made of denier nylon from recycled PET, while the espresso/natural carriers are made of earth friendly, durable hemp fiber. Very earth friendly! Go to earthdoggy.com
- If you have to bring your dog on the plane, make sure they are comfortable for the trip with these cozy and eco-friendly crate pads from Fetch Dog. This crate pad is pre-washed, pre-shrunk 100% Hemp canvas treated with azo-free dyes.
- When traveling with you pet, bring your own water bottle. Recycling options may be limited on the road.
More Green Pet Tips: