Eco-friendly Recipes for Dogs, Cats and People: Fruity Chicken SaladPublished April 8, 2010
Many of us think of our pet as a full-fledged family member, and with these tasty and eco-friendly recipes for pets and people, meal time can truly be family time! Suitable for dogs and people
Many of us think of our pet as a full-fledged family member, and with this tasty recipe, meal time can truly be family time! Your pet will no longer hover around the dinner table to look for a piece of your meal, instead he'll have his own share.
At The Honest Kitchen, Lucy Postins is "committed to helping pet guardians become truly involved in their pets' lives, and hopes these recipes will help empower owners to positively affect the health and wellbeing of their animal companions."
This healthy and eco-friendly recipe even incorporates fresh, raw, seasonal fruit and vegetables into your pet's diet.
NOTE: Don't be tempted to include grapes or raisins in your dog's portion! These have the potential to cause kidney failure in dogs.
- 2 cups free range chicken, cooked* and cut into cubes
- ¾ cup celery, sliced
- ¾ cup seasonable melon, cubed
- ¾ cup seasonable fruit peeled and cubed
- ½ cup plain yogurt or sour cream
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp pineapple juice
- Seasoning salt to taste (for your serving only)
What to do:
1. Toss the chicken, celery, melon and fruit together gently.
2. Mix the yogurt or sour cream and other liquids together and pour them over the salad.
3. Mix gently and serve right away, or refrigerate until ready to use.
4. Serve your dogs' portion poured over his usual food.